Building Performance - What green is really worth. (Recorded in Chicago)
• National Association of Home Builders offers up-to-date information on a variety of issues that affect the construction of residential and commercial buildings.
• Information about ENERGY STAR® Homes and the HERS Index
• The Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET) is working on a database of ENERGY STAR® Homes. This database will be invaluable to appraisers in searching for comparable sales.
• The National Association of Realtors (NAR) has a downloadable file for greening the MLS. This site has resources to assist the MLS in implementing data fields for energy-efficient and green homes. If the local MLS does not have a searchable field for these features, download this file and share it with your MLS. This MLS improvement alone will make a major difference in the research and analysis of this new building technology.
• Information on the Fannie Mae Energy Report
• A list by state of programs certifying green or ENERGY STAR® Homes
• Proposed bill considering energy costs in debt ratios for qualifying buyers
• Builders Challenge Guide to Whole House Savings